Building A Foundation For Your Business Organization’s Success
Starting a business is an exciting — and intimidating — endeavor. Many of the decisions you make now will shape the course of your business down the road.
This early stage of the process involves laying a careful legal foundation for success. Among the many legal considerations you must address are:
- Choosing the right business entity
- Establishing a strong governance structure
- Drafting thorough organizational documents (partnership agreements, operating agreements, bylaws and the like)
- Anticipating potential problems and providing for contingencies
- Limiting exposure to liability
- Mitigating the risk of costly disputes
- Navigating employment and labor law issues
At the law office of Stephen Kaplan, P.C., we recognize the importance of proactive business planning, especially during these formative stages. Based in Dallas, Texas, our business law practice is well-equipped to address the legal considerations faced by fledgling enterprises.
Strategic Legal Guidance Through The Life Of Your Business
Establishing a successful business involves much more than filing paperwork. It requires carefully identifying your legal options, considering your goals, and weighing those goals against the costs and benefits of each option.
We take the time to understand our clients’ business ventures. When you come to us for guidance, we will walk you through a strategic analysis for accomplishing your goals. We will discuss the benefits and drawbacks of each type of organization — whether an LLC, closely held corporation, partnership, LLP or other organization. We will then help you select an entity that gives your business the stability and opportunity you are seeking.
In addition to selecting a legal structure, we can guide you through the earliest steps of business organization and development. We can help you secure funding, negotiate leases, establish contracts, select board members, draft employment policies and handle any disputes that arise. We can truly address all of the legal concerns you encounter when starting a business.
Preparing And Negotiating Your Commercial And Business Contract Interests
We advise and counsel clients on the preparation and negotiation of all types of commercial and business contracts. We handle these arrangements for businesses engaged in many types of activities. The types of contracts and arrangements that we assist clients with include, but are not limited to:
- Supply chain arrangements, including manufacturing, transportation, distribution, sales and installation
- Service and professional agreements
- Marketing relationships with independent consultants and contractors
- Business associations and joint ventures
- Internet, web services, cloud services, hosting and other IT arrangements
- Storage and warehousing relationships
- Loans and financing agreements
- Franchise acquisitions and disputes
- Other business planning services
We take proactive steps to help our clients’ businesses thrive. Applying both legal and business insights, our business lawyer knows what it takes to transform an abstract idea into a flourishing reality.
We also provide ongoing guidance for businesses on the many legal issues that confront them. Our lead attorney, Stephen Kaplan, keeps clients up to date on the latest changes in the law.