- President/Shareholder, 1998
- Member, 1998
Martindale-Hubbell® has confirmed that attorney Stephen E. Kaplan still maintains the AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell's highest possible rating for both ethical standards and legal ability, even after first achieving this rating in 1991.
For more than 130 years, lawyers have relied on the Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent® rating while searching for their own expert attorneys. Now anyone can make use of this trusted rating by looking up a lawyer's rating on Lawyers.com or martindale.com. The Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® rating is the highest possible rating for an attorney for both ethical standards and legal ability. This rating represents the pinnacle of professional excellence. It is achieved only after an attorney has been reviewed and recommended by their peers - members of the bar and the judiciary. Congratulations go to Stephen E. Kaplan who has achieved the AV Preeminent® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®.
Stephen E. Kaplan commented on the recognition: "The Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating is a credential highly valued and sought after in the legal world. It used to be a sort of secret among attorneys who used the rating as a first screen when they needed to hire a lawyer they did not personally know. Now, thanks to the Internet, the Rating is a great way for anyone ñ lawyers or lay people - to use to screen lawyers. I am thankful to my peers who nominated me for this distinction, and proud to have earned this, the highest possible Martindale-Hubbell rating."
As a result of this honor, American Registry LLC, has added Stephen E. Kaplan to The RegistryTM of Business and Professional Excellence. For more information, search The RegistryTM at http://www.americanregistry.com/.
Attorney Stephen E. Kaplan has Achieved the AV Preeminent® Rating - the Highest Possible Rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Most recently, Stephen Kaplan received the 2018 Best of Business Award , as awarded by the Small Business Community. Click here to read more Stephen Kaplan, P.C. Receives 2018 Best of Business Award
Mr. Kaplan has recently been included in the Top Attorneys of North America-2019-2020 Edition. He again has been included in The American Registry of America’s Most Honored Lawyers for 2020.
Areas Of Practice
- Administrative Law
- Banking & Finance Law
- Business & Commercial Law
- Business Organizations
- Construction Law
- Estate Planning
- Government Agencies & Programs
- Labor Law
- Litigation & Appeals
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Real Estate Law
- Land Use & Zoning
- Business, Commercial, Residential Landlord/Commercial Tenants
- State, Local & Municipal Law
- Taxation Law
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Asset Protection
- Alternate Dispute Resolution
- Employment Law - Employers
- Texas, 1977
- New York, 1980
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Texas
- State University of New York, Buffalo School of Law, Buffalo, New York
- J.D. - 1976
- University of California at Los Angeles
- B.A. - 1973
- Childre v. Great Southwest Life Ins. Co., 700 S.W.2d 284, 1985, Tex.App.-Dallas, 1985160048
- Bruner v. Exxon Co., U.S.A., A Div. of Exxon Corp., 752 S.W.2d 679, 1988, Tex.App.-Dallas, 1988096203
- Hand v. Equestrian Retailer, Inc., 1998 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 8417, 1998, N. Dist. Tex.
- Epic Broadcasting Corporation
- Lyne Energy Corporation
- The Martha Steed Lyne Management Trust
- Windsong Partners Ltd.
Honors and Awards
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated* by Martindale-Hubbell
- Achieved the AV Preeminent® Rating - the Highest Possible Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®.
- 2018 Best of Business Award by the Small Business Community.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Law Offices of Stephen E. Kaplan, Inc., President and Shareholder, 1987 to 1998
- Lyne and Klein, P.C., Attorney, 1981 to 1987
- Lyne, Klein, French and Womble, Attorney, 1976 to 1981
Pro Bono Activities
- Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program
- Dallas Legal Hospice