Stephen E. Kaplan
- President/Attorney, 1998
Stephen E. Kaplan is an A.V. Preeminent rated attorney with Martindale-Hubbell who has been practicing in Texas for over 40 years. He has experience in both transactional and litigation matters in the areas in which he practices.
He has tried cases in federal and state courts before juries and judges. He has experience in all federal courts in Texas and state courts throughout Texas. He is also a member of the bar of the U.S. Supreme Court and the federal Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
His areas of practice include the following matters:
Banking & Finance Law
Business & Commercial Law
Government Agencies & Programs
Mergers & Acquisitions
Probate & Estate Administration
Real Estate Law
Land Use & Zoning
Business and Commercial Landlord/Commercial Tenants Disputes
State, Local & Municipal Law
Mediation and Arbitration
Alternate Dispute Resolution
Employment Law - Representing Employers
Areas Of Practice
- Business Organizations and Transactions
- Business Organization Disputes and Litigation
- Commercial Transactions and Litigation
- Labor & Employment Counseling and Litigation
- Estate & Trust Planning
- Probate & Trust Litigation
- Commercial Real Estate Transactions and Litigation
- Construction Contracts and Mechanics & Materialmens Liens
- Texas, 1977
- New York, 1980
- State University of New York, Buffalo School of Law, Buffalo, New York
- J.D. - 1976
- University of California at Los Angeles
- B.A. - 1973
- Major: Political Science
- Childre v. Great Southwest Life Ins. Co., 700 S.W.2d 284, 1985, Tex.App.-Dallas, 1985160048
- Bruner v. Exxon Co., U.S.A., A Div. of Exxon Corp., 752 S.W.2d 679, 1988, Tex.App.-Dallas, 1988096203
- Hand v. Equestrian Retailer, Inc., 1998 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 8417, 1998, N. Dist. Tex.
- Epic Broadcasting Corporation
- Lyne Energy Corporation
- The Martha Steed Lyne Management Trust
- Windsong Partners Ltd.
Honors and Awards
- 2018 Best of Business Award by the Small Business Community.
- Top Attorneys of North America
- America's Most Honored Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell A.V. Preeminent
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member, Present
- Dallas Bar Association, Member, Present
- Texas Bar Association, Member, Present
Past Employment Positions
- Lyne and Klein, P.C., Attorney, 1981 to 1987
- Lyne, Klein, French and Womble, Attorney, 1976 to 1981
Pro Bono Activities
- DVAP, 1978 to 2020
- American Indian Law Project, 1980 to 1985
How can we help you?
Unless otherwise indicated, attorneys listed in this site are not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.